The Comorian people solemnly affirm their will to:
• cultivate a national identity based on a sole people, a sole religion (Sunni Islam) and a sole language;
• promote religious and moral practices of a nature to assure an education which strengthens the national conscience;
• develop sport and culture as elements of promotion of the national spirit;
• guarantee the pursuit of a common destiny among all Comorians;
• make of the return of the island of Mayotte in its natural whole, a national priority;
• demonstrate their commitment to the principles of fundamental rights as they are defined by the Charter of the United Nations, the Organization of African Unity, the Pact of the League of the Arab States, the Universal Declaration of the Rights of Man of the United Nations, the African Charter on the Rights of Man and of Peoples, as well as the international conventions, notably those concerning the rights of the child and of the woman.