A public official tasked with investigating improper or illegal actions on the part of government agencies which may infringe on the rights of individuals. Enables individuals to bring complaints about the actions of the government.
Regulation and Oversight; Rights and Duties
- Does the constitution provide for an ombudsman?
- Who nominates the ombudsman?
- Who approves the nomination of the ombudsman?
- What is the length of term of the ombudsman?
- What restrictions are in place regarding the number of terms the ombudsman may serve?
- What are the ombudsman's powers and duties?