Specification of the deputy to the head of state or head of government. The deputy executive typically has the power to act when the executive is absent or becomes incapable of holding office.
deputy prime minister; vice president
- Does the constitution specify a deputy executive of any kind (e.g., deputy prime minister, vice president)?
- What is the name of the office of the deputy executive?
- How is the deputy executive selected?
- Who is involved in the nomination of the deputy executive?
- Who approves the nomination of the deputy executive?
- What powers are assigned to (or denied) the deputy executive?