Constitute topics are built from the variables in the Comparative Constitutions Project’s dataset, which captures the content of world constitutions. The particular variables relevant to this topic are listed below, in the form of survey questions.
More information about the CCP’s research design is available here, including background information on how the team designed the inventory of constitutional topics as well as the full coding survey
Specification of the deputy to the head of state or head of government. The deputy executive typically has the power to act when the executive is absent or becomes incapable of holding office.
deputy prime minister; vice president
- Does the constitution specify a deputy executive of any kind (e.g., deputy prime minister, vice president)?
- What is the name of the office of the deputy executive?
- How is the deputy executive selected?
- Who is involved in the nomination of the deputy executive?
- Who approves the nomination of the deputy executive?
- What powers are assigned to (or denied) the deputy executive?